Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Bit About Sputnik

Hello fellow travelers,
Sputnik in Siena, Italy.

Sputnik here, writing to tell you a little about myself and my travel philosophy. As a kid, I did a lot of traveling in the United States and Canada. I've been to 37 U.S. states and 6 Canadian provinces. My favorites so far are Massachusetts (where I spent most of my summers as a kid), Arizona, Quebec, and of course, my home state of Washington.

Until recently, I hadn't had travel experience outside of North America. Last summer, my dad and I did a tour of western Europe, visiting France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, and the Netherlands. The trip only increased my appetite for international travel. Next, I'm looking forward to trips to India, Spain and central Europe.

Even before my Europe trip, my passion for travel was inspired by my French language studies and by Rick Steves' TV program and travel books. In future posts, I'll further explore my mild Rick Steves obsession...

A final note -- I'm vegetarian, which affects my travel plans, especially internationally. I'll post about my food experiences along my journeys.

Thanks for traveling our way!

-- Sputnik

No comments:

Post a Comment